Saturday, March 15, 2014

"A tree that fills the span of a man's arms grows from a downy tip; A terrace nine stories high from handfuls of earth; A journey of a thousand miles from beneath ones feet."
-Lao-Tzu

After three months of training and anticipation, tomorrow morning I race. This past week has been challenging due to a lingering bronchitis virus. Breathing compromised, I've had to take it one day at a time all week...I am a little worried about how well this half-marathon will go, but I know that if I let go, surrender and accept - tomorrow's run will provide / instruct / and inspire me with what I need for that moment /this moment now.

Today, I ran 5.6 miles along the Mountain to Sea Trail on the Blue Ridge Parkway; just a leg stretcher.


I'm fascinated by the variety in native plants just 3.5 hours away from my usual running habitats.
Came across the Downy Rattlesnake Plantain, not a plant but an orchid. 

The only "rattlesnake" I don't mind crossing my trail path!

No comments:

Post a Comment